Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation

The Mission
To create a future of hope for children and families worldwide by eradicating pediatric AIDS, providing care and treatment to people with HIV/AIDS, and accelerating the discovery of new treatments for other serious and life-threatening pediatric illnesses.

The Foundation
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is the leading worldwide nonprofit organization dedicated to identifying, funding and conducting pediatric HIV/AIDS research, preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, and promoting global education, awareness and compassion about HIV/AIDS in children.

Building upon the successful model it created with HIV/AIDS, the Foundation is addressing other serious and life-threatening diseases facing children through the Glaser Pediatric Research Network. The Network brings together five of the nation’s pre-eminent academic medical centers in an unprecedented collaboration that will accelerate better treatments for seriously ill children, help train the next generation of pediatric clinical investigators, and serve as a united voice to advocate policies that improve children’s health worldwide.

The Donations
Over the past eight years, particpants of the Nautica Malibu Triathlon, and Triathlon sponsonrs, have raised $1.3 million for The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. With your help, we can continue to keep that tradition alive. Sponsor me as an athlete and make a donation online at the Nautica Malibu Tri Page. Click the "sponsor an athlete" link at the left and type in my first name - Taralyn.

I lost my Mother to AIDS in 1995. I could not imagine losing a child to this disease. Let's use bloggerland for the greatest good and help create "a future of hope for children and families worldwide by eradicating pediatric AIDS."

Pass it along.

-TL

5 comments:

Cory said...

I can't imagine how incredibly hard it was to watch your mother go through that. I'm so sorry.

I wish you lots of luck in the triathalon.

Anonymous said...

TL- All these years and it never really registered to me what we have in common. I lost my mom when I was only a baby and although I had a stepmom since I was three I have always felt like a motherless daughter. Your aunt in NC sent me an email asking me to sponsor you in the triathlon. I definitely will.

TA

Kelley said...

I am so proud of you Taralyn! I'll do what I can to support your efforts.

Davenholl said...

As a nurse I would love to see pediatric and adult AIDS ERADICATED!! Kudos to you for your life and work in this! Keep it up!
Your Michigan friend,

Kelley said...

So how did it go!!!! DETAILS!!!!