Monday, April 17, 2006

Blog the First

When you are a Motherless Daughter, the thoughts you think are generally inconceivable to most people around you. Your life is full of answerless questions, what seems like a never ending stream of frustrating conundrums and flash flood emotions.

For instance, since I moved further into my twenty-something years last month, I began to realize:

#1: That someday I will be older than my Mother
#2: That there will come a time when I have lived longer without my Mother than the time I had lived with her
#3: That I had not learned nearly enough from my Mother about how to navigate this life before the ending of her own

These are my own puzzling thoughts (ones that I hope will not remain infinitely unsolved). You, I am sure, have a host of your very own.

This blog then is for you, Motherless Daughter, who thinks the thoughts and lives the life that many probably could not wrap their minds around. And this blog is for the friends of Motherless Daughters, whose shoulders we cried on, and whose care and laughter brought us back many a time from that all too familiar ledge. Most of us would not be as far along as we are without them.

I hope that in these postings you, your loved ones and your friends, will find guideposts and road signs to help in life's daily navigations. It's not easy going it alone.

I hope that in these postings you will find a familiar soul. Yup, I sure know what that's like. And will take a moment to share your stories and advice.

And finally, I hope that at some point, in the midst of all these musings, you will laugh. Because there's nothing worse than trudging through heaps of life crap without smiling at least once in awhile.

Welcome to my blog. Hang out and stay awhile.

-TL

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I can easily read anything you write as that was perfectly written. Loved every word and can't wait to read more. And of course, if u need to talk, u know the number. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog link; I liked your first entry. I'll e-mail you the link for my blog (mostly comprised of daily ramblings and mismoshed thoughts).

Anonymous said...

thanks tl! i, for one, am comforted by the fact that i'm not alone and my thoughts are validated by others going through the same issues. keep it up!

Kelley said...

Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Hi "TL" ~

How yuh do'n beautiful lady? Hope you are processing life, with many thoughts of Grandeur & delight!
I miss you, and hope to be able to spend more quality time, with one of my most brightest of students.

You are the Cat's Meow!!!

MWAH*****

Love, Peace, & Solidarity ~
~MekahChica~

Fightin' Mad Mary said...

Well it's about time you joined the blogging world! I'm looking forward to your future posts, you are off to a great start!

Reviews For Jake said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere. You're gonna love it and they are gonna love you.

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

*smile* miss you all kinds of ways...I have my mother sometimes, and sometimes I don't. It's scary when I see a glimpse of my mother. Its not often, but it's precious.

Anonymous said...

LOVED it! made me cry, you've come a long way, and have grown beautifully, I'm so proud of you.
keep the blogging for all to enjoy.
I LOVE you so much
(XO)
Ti

Anonymous said...

Life is full of open and closed door, and you have step in and out of them very well. U have taken steps that your mother would have been very proud of. I know this cause I am very proud to be you godfather, knowing that you can take life a step at a time with what pains you and still have the haert to help others in theirs.
LOVE Ya Pa.

TL said...

Ya'll are gonna make me cry! :)