Thursday, May 18, 2006

Blog the Ninth

I wanted to share something today but I didn't know what to write. Thanks to my friend Kelley @ Don't Know How Ya Do It (and her friend) I didn't have to write anything (for the most part).

This may be floating around the 'net somewhere in it's full form; I've condensed it to share here:

1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE
"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."

2. My mother taught me RELIGION
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"

4. My mother taught me LOGIC
"Because I said so, that's why."

5. My mother taught me FORESIGHT
"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."

6. My mother taught me IRONY
"Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."

7. My mother taught me the about CIRCLE OF LIFE
"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

8. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION
"Just wait until we get home."

9. My mother taught me WISDOM
"When you get to be my age, you'll understand."

10. My mother taught me about JUSTICE
"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you."

I'm sure you guys have your own versions of this. Feel free to share them as comments. I'd love to hear what they are!

My Mother was allllll about #4.

5 comments:

Burfica said...

my mother was all about #6. Not that she beat me, but she wouldn't tollerate us crying, and would take the flyswatter to us if we did. Then after that you better shut the heck up. LOL

Kelley said...

Yah, I heard that one quite a lot! I try so hard not to use it with my kids.

Davenholl said...

I went to "Kelley's" site as well and it was pretty cool! I loved the "My mother taught me..." stuff on both sites. Hilarious.It makes me think we are blessed to at least have heard our mother's voice, to have witnessed her rebuke, to felt her love us...my cousin lost her mother as she was being born..never met her mom. So I always think of that when I feel cheated for 10 short years! Keep on keepin' on girl...there is HOPE!
Your Michigan friend,
Holly

Leanne said...

Our Pastor read us this at the Mother's Day service! It is hilarous!

Thanks for stopping over at my place. Have a great weekend!:D

blah said...

OMG...lol! You hit the nail on the head, and made me think of a bit from "Bill Cosby: Himself". He talks all about parenting and, as a child, being parented. You might also like to read his book "Fatherhood", as it's real funny.